A Whole Lota Nothin'!

Monday, March 20, 2006

Pork Chops & Applesauce

Taking a survey.....Saturday night we had pork chops for dinner. (we don't have them very often, as I am not a big fan of pork chops.) During dinner, Mike gets up to look through the pantry and fridge for applesauce- we don't have any. So this starts a debate over whether or not applesauce is the "normal" thing to serve with pork. Then last night the subject came up again and the debate continued (we didn't have pork last night, the topic just came up and of course Amanda was not any help to me, she sided with her father). I always forget to buy applesauce when I buy pork. Why? Because I don't think it's a "must have" with pork (probably because I wasn't raised on applesauce and pork). Is it just me?

4 Comments:

  • Personally I do not like applesauce with my pork. However, my mother being raised southern, does. Apparently that is a staple when you have pork roast or pork chops. Not so much with Pork steaks though.

    By Blogger Nichole, at 12:57 PM  

  • Hmm, I don't really do pork either. I'm sure doug does the applesauce thing though.

    By Blogger Mindy, at 9:38 AM  

  • Mike loves applesauce and pork together! I don't really have a preference, if its there I'll eat it.

    By Blogger Paula, at 12:54 PM  

  • I have never heard that you're supposed to have applesauce with pork. Am I the only one? Maybe it is because I don't like applesauce. Now I'm going to have to ask all kinds of people if your supposed to eat applesauce with pork! LOL!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home