A Whole Lota Nothin'!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy HEART Day to me....


Well, not only is today Valentine’s Day….it also happens to mark 6 months since my “Quit Day”. Yep, that’s right…August 14th was my first day of no smoking! However, I can not actually say that I have been “Smoke-free” since then….I had my few “moments” where I thought I had to have a cigarette (yes, those were all when I was drinking….). The good news is, however, that was only about 10 cigarettes in the past 6 months. (Wow….that’s still great though considering I used to smoke 10 cigarettes in just a ½ of a day..) And the sad thing is that, each time it tasted like crap….but that for whatever reason didn’t stop me the next time (guess I just keep thinking that it will get better, who knows….or may I just want to remind myself every now and then that it does taste bad….).
Anyway, so with having quit smoking 6 months ago…..I’ve got to say that my heart probably is physically the healthiest it has been in about the last 20 years. Not only with quitting, I’ve been within a “healthy – weight” range for almost a year now (an managed to not to gain a ton back after quitting smoking), and I have been exercising regularly for over a year ( I’ve walked on my treadmill 167 times since I bought it on January 16, 2007…yes, I record it in a notebook each time…). I do feel so much better about myself and feel that physically I can do more without getting tired, breathless, etc.
I’m pretty proud of my accomplishments over the last year….so with that said…..
HAPPY HEART DAY TO ME!!!!
Happy Valentines Day to everyone!

3 Comments:

  • YAA! I am very happy for you!!! You have done a great job!!

    By Blogger Chris Johnson, at 5:40 PM  

  • Congrats, D! That is great.

    Although, I think it is pretty dorky that you record each time that you walk on the treadmill in a notebook. Sounds like something I would do... :o)

    By Blogger Violet, at 3:33 PM  

  • Good for you! congrats!

    By Blogger Paula, at 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home