A Whole Lota Nothin'!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

17 years ago......

(Holy crap! I blogged again......)

Fall is here! And with that also brings "Homecoming Season" for the high schools. Over the weekend Mike & I celebrated our 12th Wedding Anniversary, which got me thinking about the Homecoming dance that we attended my senior year. We attended the dance with Heather and her date, then afterwards went to eat at Olive Garden (which is the same as it is today...)


October 20, 1990......


My mother made the dress for me my sophomore year for homecoming and I just wore it again my senior year instead of spending more money. Anyway....yes, I still have the dress! So, for shits n' grins, I decided that I'd try it on.....


Yes, it fits! Not many people can probably say that they can fit into a dress they wore in high school. :o) So, that gives you an idea of the size I was in high school...and yes, Mike is the same size then as he is now...LOL!
So while I was on a roll, I decided to put on my Wedding dress....it's a bit big. :o) We'll it was fun to remeber the "old days". While trying to look for our homecoming picture, I had to dig through a lot of otherkeepsakes and picutres of Mike & I also. I showed Amanda my box that I had saved all of the letters/notes Mike wrote me (didn't let her read them), my high school year books, and some other keepsakes. It was fun to share part of my "history" with her. :o)

5 Comments:

  • Wow, yanno when people who havent seen you in years say "You havent changed a bit". I think they'd be speaking the truth in you and Mike's case LoL.... You look great by the way!

    By Blogger Nichole, at 3:07 PM  

  • That's fun! Happy Anniversary!

    Now, can you go into a bit more detail about why you wouldn't let Amanda read the notes and letters Mike sent you? You should scan and post them here! Inquiring minds want to know (and apparently don't have anything better to do with their time...) :o)

    By Blogger Violet, at 5:25 PM  

  • Oh, those pictures!!! I will have to dig some of mine out eventually. And I still have the dress I wore to Homecoming with Sean 21 years ago, but I'm not even going to TRY it on, NO way would it fit now. I was an itty bitty thing back then!!!

    By Blogger Jen, at 11:46 AM  

  • Mike's got balls allowing old photos like that to be published. I've burned all of mine.

    By Blogger Dave Morris, at 8:59 AM  

  • That's pretty cool! I don't think I have any of my dresses left...I do have my wedding dress that I'm scared to even look at..never was cleaned.

    By Blogger Paula, at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home