A Whole Lota Nothin'!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Garage Sale.....


Garage Sales SUCK! Okay, today we had our first official Garage Sale here at the house. It was a pain in the ASS. Why are people so cheap? They pull up in their Cadillac, big SUVs, etc and want to haggle you over a $1.00 item. What, is that 50 cents going to break you? "Hey lady! If I was giving this stuff away, I would have done it along time ago!" I was glad that there were actually a lot of people that didn't haggle and just paid what it was marked, because they knew it was a decent (cheap) price. Needles to say, I probably won't do the Garage Sale thing again. If I am going to sort and price things, I might as well just make an itemized listing of what I give to Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc so I can take a higher tax deduction than $500. I'd be able to get it out of the house sooner, right? Ebay will work for some of the stuff too. I was surprised that we sold a lot more "junk", toys and books than girl clothes. I figured that people would really go for the clothing items for little girls. Anyway, all in all we made a little bit of money (just in time for our Florida Vacation), but I don't know how worth-it it was. Right now, our garage is CRAM packed full right now because we just had to shove tables and stuff in there when it started to storm. So, we've got a bit of work to do still. Anyway....that sums up our first and (most likely) last garage sale experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home