A Whole Lota Nothin'!

Saturday, March 25, 2006

At The Movies...


This afternoon, Amanda and I went to see She's The Man. It was a cute movie and we both really enjoyed it. I am sure Amanda will own it as soon as it comes out on DVD.

As we were sitting there waiting for the movie to start, I started thinking about the very first time I took Amanda to the movies. She was probably pre-school age and AMC was still in the Regency Square (over by Wal-mart off of Zuhmbel). The Little Mermaid had just been re-released back into the theaters for a short time. Neither one of us had seen the movie yet so it was a first for both of us (when Little Mermaid came out the first time, I was in high school and at the time didn't think about buying movies for possible future children). She was so excited to be able to go to the theater to watch a movie and to this day she still loves it. When we took her, she couldn't sit in the seat with out it folding-up on her, so we had to load the chair up with our jackets and purses to keep the seat from folding up. It was actually quite funny and we had to continue to do that for the next year or two. My little baby is growing up. :o(

2 Comments:

  • "The Little Mermaid" is my FAVORITE!!! It came out when I was in third grade the first time and I didn't get to see it at the first run theaters; I had to wait until it was over at the St. Andrews Cinema. However, once it was out on VHS, my sister and I memorized the entire movie and recited it with my cousin Claire the entire summer.

    When it was re-released, I was a junnior in high school and for Christmas and birthday of that year, all my friends got me "Little Mermaid" stuff. I have the official Barbie/Disney collector's edition doll that is still in it's original boxing - it is on top of my bookshelf in my living room.

    Maybe it will be prime time to sell some of that stuff on E-bay this fall; I heard that they are releasing the Special Edition DVD with all the special features and stuff.

    (I can still recite it, in case you were wondering.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 AM  

  • I'm thinking about taking Lilly to a movie. Its really about time. I'm just afraid of taking her somewhere full of people and tell her not to talk. It may be impossible. We'll see...then i'll have something to blog about!

    By Blogger Mindy, at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home