A Whole Lota Nothin'!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

This & That...

First of all, to give you an update on Cookie. She's opened her eyes earlier this week and her ears have started to "pop out". She's a cute little thing! I tried to take a picture of her tonight, but she's quick and I could not get one.

Second, for those of you that didn't know, our fridge & freezer went out last Friday (again!). We just spent $200.00 to have it fixed a few weeks ago! So, we were living out of the coolers again. The repair man was able to come yesterday. Good news...this time it was the compressor, which is still under warranty. Bad news.....parts had to be ordered. So, as long as the necessary parts arrive on time, the fridge will be fixed on Saturday. So, hopefully tonight I have re-iced the cooler for the last time. (Thank goodness we still have the "jell-o shot" cooler.)

A couple weekends ago we finish painting the kitchen. Last weekend, new lighting was installed and we purchase the new doors and the trim! I am so excited! Mike started painting the trim and one door yesterday. He got the casing around one door and I love it already. Just can't wait until it's completely done. I've set the goal that we need to be done by Thanksgiving. I'll post pics (before & after) when we get further along.

Work is very busy. My boss had her surgery in mid-August and started her Chemo last week. It's very rough on her, but she's in pretty good spirits when I have talked to her. She came in for a few hours the two days before her first treatment, so it was good to see her. Anyway....

So, today at lunch I went to the Schnucks nearby work to get a salad and pick up a few things for dinner. I'm standing in the self checkout line with basket in hand waiting for the person in front of me to finish and some lady asks me if I am in line. "No, I am just really fascinated by watching the person in front of me, I thought I'd stand here and watch!" Duh lady! It's not like I was off to the side or anything, I was directly behind the person in front of me. Just aggravated me. Anyway..."here's your sign."

So, enough of the boring talk....off to bed...

1 Comments:

  • Hopefully, once the fridge is fixed, it will stay fixed. You had to know the monster Jell-o Shot cooler had to be good for something outside of the float trip.

    By Blogger Violet, at 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home