A Whole Lota Nothin'!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Think PINK!


October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Breast cancer touches millions of lives. It is expected that 211,200 women and 1,720 men in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer, and more than 41,000 people will die from breast cancer in 2006 alone. One by one, we can make a difference!

The Susan G. Breast Cancer Foundation is kicking of the month with a new program- Passionately Pink for the Cure! They are encouraging everyone to show their support and wear pink every day in October.
~Passionately Pink for the Cureā„¢ is an easy, creative program we hope will have everyone seeing pink everywhere you look, every day in October, encouraging millions of people nationwide to get involved in the promise for the cure. ~

I personally am encouraging all my friends to wear something PINK every day this month. (Whether it's a shirt, ribbon, pin, nail polish, necklace, etc.) Someday this could be one of us, our children, friends or family. Let's get involved and show our support!

2 Comments:

  • My Aunt Doris just walked in the huge Komen Foundation walk in NYC over the past weekend. 13.2 miles on Saturday and another 13.2 on Sunday!

    It is a good cause. I think everybody knows somebody who is affected by breast cancer specifically, let alone just cancer in general. Dave has a good friend who is going through this right now.

    Although, I have to be honest: Pink really isn't my color. Although I do have quite a bit of pink underwear. So, I guess that'll have to count and I'll just have to do lots of laundry this month.

    By Blogger Violet, at 4:59 PM  

  • Thanks Diana. I wore pink tights yesterday and got my ass kicked today by some construction guys...

    By Blogger Dr. Mike, at 6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home