A Whole Lota Nothin'!

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Don't worry...the fire is out!

Had a small mishap tonight......

(Phone conversation with hubby)

Me: Honey, I don't think our smoke detectors work, but don't worry I put the fire out.

Hubby: What?!?!?

Me: I put the fire out. We had a small fire in the kitchen, but the fire is out. :o)

Hubby: We had a fire in the kitchen??? How did that happen?

Me: Chris stopped by to drop her roaster off and set it on the stove. After she left I repositioned it on the stove. I guess when I did that, I hit the knob and the burner got turned on. I went in to the bathroom and came out and the kitchen was filling up with smoke. I ran over and grabbed the roster and put it on the sink. The stove burner was flaming (we have an electric stove), I panicked, turned on the water and aimed the sprayer to put the fire out.

Hubby: So...did the cabinets or anything else get damaged?

Me: No, that's all okay, we'll just have to buy Chris a new roaster. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that when you got home, that's why the house smells like there was a fire. :o)

Hubby: Why didn't you use the fire extinguisher? Or do we ever have one?

Me: The whole house would have burned down by the time I found one.

Hubby: That's true. I'll see you when I get home.


So, anyway...it was scary at the time, but now I think it's rather funny! I would have taken a picture of the aftermath, but hubby has the camera. Guess now that we need to take a look at our smoke alarms and buy or find a fire extinguisher. :o)

4 Comments:

  • Pretty funny stuff!! DOug thought it was pretty funny also!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:05 AM  

  • I can not believe you started out your conversation with Honey, I don't think our smoke detectors work, but don't worry I put the fire out! That is so funny!

    I would have panicked too and grabbed the water hose or something. Even if I had a fire extinguisher right next to me.

    I'm glad everyone is okay and there wasn't any damage to the house.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 AM  

  • That is HILARIOUS!!!! I am SO glad that I am not the only who does stuff like that...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:08 PM  

  • Fockin bloody hell. You had an exciting night... why didn't you pull out the marshmallows?

    I can just hear Mike saying exactly those things. But are you sure there were no swear words?

    By Blogger Dave Morris, at 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home