A Whole Lota Nothin'!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Decorations, Sex, Men & Movies

FINALLY!..... I have finally taken down the Christmas tree & decorations tonight! (Except for the outside lights- that's the hubby's department and the table cloth on the kitchen table- because it's buried right now.) I think that's the longest I've ever had my Christmas stuff up. These last two weeks I've just had no energy. Last week I was just worn out from work and this week a cold & work kept me worn out. So, tonight I finally did it. Now my house looks boring and plain. I really like Christmas time, it's the only time of the year when my house looks festive and warm. Well, only 317 days until I get to start dragging the stuff out again! :o)

In my recent issue of Redbook, it has some statistics on sex:

Of 2,500 women surveyed-
35% said that they only have sex once or twice a week. (So no matter what my honey
tells you, we are average, he's not deprived!)
5% said at least once a day (see honey how LOW that percentage is!)

25% said three to six times a week (we're still in the largest percentage!)

19% said two or three times a month

10% said once a month or less

6% said that they don't have a sex partner right now


Also in this same issue, there was a section on "What men really want but won't tell you". This is coming straight from the men they surveyed/interviewed. I thought a few of them were worth sharing (and funny).

"You waking us up in the middle of the night....completely naked."
Apparently, my hubby is not the only male out there with that wish. (lol!)
"To be told how manly we are when we fix something in the house."

"You NOT saying how fat you think you are when you get dressed in the morning."

"A free pass to skip some boring family get-together"

"More nagging- That may sound like a pile of what your neighbor's poodle left on your lawn, but honestly, there is such a thing as good nagging. If it weren't for you staying on top of how we eat, drink, and dress, most dudes would subsist in pizza and beer and live in sweatpants. We may bitch and moan about your pestering, but at the end of the day, we know that you're just looking out for us, and though we'll never admit it, that makes us feel pretty great."

Any guys agree with any of that? They had some other interesting ones too, but I didn't feel like typing them all.


I just read about a new movie that will be coming out February 14th- Music & Lyrics. Looks like it will be pretty good. I'm always big on romantic comedies. So, if anyone wants to make a date with me and go see it sometime after it comes out, let me know. Maybe this would be a good "Girls night"- dinner & a movie!



4 Comments:

  • I'll go on a date with you! Girls night in Feb....

    By Blogger Paula, at 10:31 AM  

  • From a male perspective - "Music and Lyrics" made me throw up a little in my mouth.

    Mike needs it more than 1 or 2 times a week! C'mon!!!

    By Blogger Dave Morris, at 5:21 PM  

  • Dave and I finally took down the tree and got the Christmas stuff put away today... It is probably one of my least favorite tasks! It was motivating to know that people will be over at the house on Tuesday for a little bit of motivation.

    By Blogger Violet, at 2:37 PM  

  • I'll go see the movie with you and Paula. Sounds great!

    By Blogger Karen, at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home