A Whole Lota Nothin'!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

We all have our bad habits and one of mine (you really don't have to agree, honey) is that when I do laundry, I do not always (ok, rarely) put the clothes away right after they are done. I hang them up in the laundry room or fold them and put them in piles in a basket or on the ironing board (c'mon, isn't that what the thing is for?). So whenever we need to find something to wear, we go to retrieve it from the laundry room if it's not in the closet or in a drawer. The piles and the baskets make it upstairs more often than the hanging clothes, so today I decided that I am going to bring up ALL the clothes (we were running out of room to hang things in the laundry room). Anyway, I get the majority of the hanging clothes upstairs to our closet and now the closet is stuffed. Stuffed with what???? Mostly with clothes that we (and I do mean we) do not wear anymore. I realize that most of it is mine, but why do I hang on to it? I just went through the closet about a month ago and go rid of quite a bit (I also purchased a bit too, had to get a few things a smaller size), so what's with the other stuff I can't depart with? Why am I saving a couple of dresses that I haven't worn in years since we dress business casual now at work for the last 5 years? Why? Because I have this stupid thought that I may actually need to wear a dress someday and that would prevent me from going out and buying something new....yeah right! Or that I may gain weight and need clothes. What I really need is for someone (other than my hubby) to go through my closet and tell me that I will never wear it again because it's ugly, out of style, it's not me, etc. and just start tossing. (Kinda like they do on What Not to Wear or How Do I Look.) Does anyone else have this problem of hanging on to waaayyyy too many clothes? I just can't seem to bring myself to the realization that I just don't need them anymore. Someday....

2 Comments:

  • I do the same thing. I have many clothes that don't fit, although most of mine are too small that I keep telling myself I'm going to lose weight and eventually fit into.

    You can totally get rid of those clothes, Diana. Like you said, it will give you the excuse to buy new clothes in the future when you need something for a dress-up occassion. Plus, think of all the good you'll be doing for the people who are able to buy your well-kept clothes from the Salvation Army or whatever.

    By Blogger Violet, at 2:33 PM  

  • I do the same thing. I have this pair aof jeans from like 1987 or 1988 that I refuse to get rid fo. They were my favorite pair of jeans. I keep thinking they will fit again someday. I know that 1-they will be totally out of style and 2-since they are juniors even if I wieghed less then I did back then they still wouldn't fit because my body parts shifted when I had a baby.

    But I still can't bring myself to throw them away. Along with the tons of t-shirts and tops I have. I wonder if it's just a girl thing?

    P.S. I also keep most of my clothes downstairs. LOL!!

    By Blogger Karen, at 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home