A Whole Lota Nothin'!

Friday, February 02, 2007

So...What's up?

Haven't had much time to post a blog lately, besides the fact that I really didn't have much to blog about, but here I am again. Anyway... just a few random things....

You'll probably think this is as silly as my hubby and daughter probably thought this was, but Sunday night I called a "Family Meeting". I laid down the law (LOL!) & I made a list of chores and things that each person would be responsible for on a weekly & daily basis. I was just tired of the house not always being in some order on a regular basis. It's just too much for one person to always have to do, but if we worked together then it wouldn't be as much and won't feel like such a chore. It shouldn't have to be that one person feels responsible for the cleaning, laundry, shopping and etc, and then doesn't have their own free time. And when they do make time for something, they feel guilty about neglecting the household duties....Blah, blah, blah....(I'm sure that's what it sounded like to them). So, we'll see how it goes...

*********

A couple weeks ago (MLK Day), Amanda and I went shopping. While in VS, besides getting a great deal (bought 9 pair of panties and a bra for $40- total retail price of all was $142.50!), I saw something that disturbed me. Standing in the line next to me was a girl, that had to be no more than 16-17 years old, and her boyfriend and she was purchasing a pair of panties. It bothered me that they were shopping for something like that together. I couldn't hear what they were whispering about, but she kept getting out of line and would go get a new pair and then you could tell that she was getting his opinion on which pair. Anyway, it just bothered me to think that Amanda will be at that age before we know it! She will NOT go panty shopping with any boys and they will not see them on her either!!

*********
The other night Amanda was on the computer and she noticed that the boy she has a crush on has signed on. She gets all excited, sends him a message and she starts talking with him. That was probably the goofiest conversation I've seen in a long time (yes, I had to read it!). It brings back those memories of the junior high years. They didn't really talk about much other than the fact they didn't know what to talk about. So they spent most of their conversation trying to find something to talk about. They finally resorted to asking questions like- favorite soda, color, pizza, etc. She learned that he likes Dr. Pepper, Pepperoni pizza and his favorite color is red. She was all giggly every time he answered, because she thinks they are "perfect" for each other- he likes red and she likes pink (almost the same color), they both like Dr. Pepper, and there is cheese on Pepperoni pizza (cheese is her favorite) and they will go to the same high school! (LOL!) A while back she told me that she likes this kid and that he really reminds her of her father. THAT right there....bothers me! (LOL! Luv you honey!)
*********
So I guess that's about it for now! Have a great weekend & an awesome Super Bowl Sunday! GO BEARS!

2 Comments:

  • Oh the family meeting thing is one of my many peeves. Just because I am "home" all day (yeah, right) doesn't mean that I am responsible for picking up after everyone. It is ridiculous.....

    An the panty thing..OH!!! I would SO want to be calling that girls mother!!! I know you don't know here, but wouldn't you want to put a sign on your kids that only other mothers can see that says "if he/she is out of line and you would want to know as a mother, then please call me immediately at 876-1234 b/c I definetley want to know. Thank you....Charles' Mom"

    By Blogger Jen, at 1:29 PM  

  • A friend and I used to joke about how people (even adults) who first meet each other and "like" each other find every single similarity between them a sign that they are MFEO. (Made For Each Other). We used to joke:

    A boy and a girl at a bar, flirting. They obviously like each other, but have just met.

    GIRL:I have to say that one of my favorite foods is pizza.

    BOY:YOU like PIZZA?!?!?! I like pizza!!!

    The couple gazes lovingly into the other's eyes. They can tell that this is the beginning of something amazing.

    By Blogger Violet, at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home